How to Care for & Select your GirlsGoGlam Lashes:
You can, and should, totally reuse false lashes! Make sure you clean them in between uses. We never want to sound like a nag but heres some key things to remember when it comes to your fabulous lashes.
1) Be kind and gentle when it comes to caring for your lashes. When applying and removing remember to always pull from the outer corners towards the inner corners and never vigorously tug at them as they are your lashes after all!
2) You want Fabulous not FLAT. After the removal of your falsies you'll want to carefully remove any access glue leftover on your lashes to prevent the next application from lying flat against your lash line.
3) To Soak or not to Soak? In this case it isn't necessary to bathe your lashes as it may diminish the appearance of your lash and you wouldn't want that! GirlsGoGlam lashes are made to be durable and long lasting all on there own so skip the product overdose and leave them be!
4) Put those Beauties to Bed, Sleeping Beauty style! Store your GirlsGoGlam lashes in the original casing to avoid any harm that may come to them compromising the quality of your lash. Protecting them from harms way against bacteria, dust, or any other unwanted evils is the best way to ensure that your GirlsGoGlam lashes remain untouched and most importantly stay clean. Hygiene is not something to be taken lightly, right girls? Lastly, be sure to not leave your lashes in direct sunlight in hot tempteratures, as it can change the colour of the hair, warp the band, and loosen the adhesive.
5) To Pump up the Volume or Ditch the Mascara Wand? When it comes to your false lashes I feel like this is the old age tale that everyone gets scolded for but all keep doing. Mascara ruins the durability of the falsies un yet we find ourselves reaching for the mascara for that extra wow factor. You won't get detention for it as long as you are fully aware the lash life is bound to be shortened, certain products may contain oil that can ruin the quality and shine of the fur. We all have different preferences on how we wish our lashes to look so its to your own discretion on how you wish to proceed. For those of you looking for an ideal compromise, apply mascara to your own lashes before you add the falsies so they'll have something to grip to for a blend-able beautiful
6)Bonus Round! For the Hot and Heavy Mascara Abusers! A good trick for cleaning residue off the lengths of the lashes is to take a tissue, lay the lashes on it, then use a Q-Tip dipped in oil free makeup remover to gently wipe off mascara residue while holding the lash against the tissue. Repeat until satisfied, then dry with tissues and once dry pop the lashes back on the tray and press the band gently onto the curve, this will keep the band in shape and flexible. Then put those beauties to rest in the lashbox and VOILA!
THE ESSENTIALS/SELECTION & APPLICATION
Step 1. On the nights when mascara just won't do, bust out a pair of our GirlsGoGlam False Lashes and turn some heads! GirlsGoGlam Lashes come in many different shapes and sizes. We have a variation of different styles and looks suitable for everyone. Our different styles include our Au Natural Lashes, then we have our Everyday Glam Lashes, and last but not least our Dramatic Red Carpet Ready Lashes. When choosing lashes for you personally keep in mind of your eye shape wether you have round eyes, almond eyes, deep set eyes, or hooded eyes.
Step 2. When first sizing GirlsGoGlam Lashes to your desired eye-shape remove lash strip from the packaging and gently bend the eyelash back and forth as this helps loosen up the lash strip making it perfectly pliable. Place the lash onto your own lashes to measure and see if it fits the length of your natural lash line. We suggest trimming the lashes so they fit perfectly and are custom to your own individual eye, although it is not always necessary. Take the eyelash away from your eye and trim the outter corner if needed. When trimming the lash be careful not to over-trim as that can ruin your false lashes. When your ready to apply your falsies onto the eye, you can do this using your hands or tweezers for a breezy application place lashes directly above the lash line. Lashes should begin a few millimetres away from the inner corner of your eye.
Step 3. Depending on how you personally prefer your lashes to be applied or the desired look you wish to achieve you are welcome to apply a sparse amount of mascara onto your own eyelashes before application as it sticks to the fake eyelash easier for a more blended look. Another option is to curl your own eyelashes before application but remember not to give lashes too severe of a curl, your falsies need to lie against your natural eyelashes.
Step 4. When it comes to applying adhesive onto your lashes there are different options depending on preference. For our beginner lash girls it may be easier to squeeze glue onto the back end of an eyeliner brush then hold the lash between your finger and gently run the glue evenly along the strip giving you control on how much glue you wish to apply. You can also apply glue directly from the tube onto lashes but this method often takes practice and can result in an overflow of excess glue. Glue can generally become dried out and plug up the front nozzle so be sure to keep it clean as possible otherwise next time you squeeze your glue you'll find it more difficult to get out because its clogged which can result in over squeezing and overflow of wasted glue diminishing your false lash. Practice makes perfect!
Step 5. For finishing touches everyone is different some like to apply a few light strokes of mascara after the falsies are fully on. It's a good way to blend your natural lashes with the false ones and lifts the lashes so you don't feel like you're looking through tons of lashes. Some lash lovers prefer no mascara for a more natural look and thats fine too. Keep in mind that no mascara will make for a longer lasting lash.
Step 6. Once you've had your fun and its time for the lashes to come off lightly grasp the outer edge of the lashes and gently pull up toward the inner corner of your eye. If your lashes are firmly on a good trick is using a damp Q-Tip with warm water or makeup remover to dissolve the glue a bit. Once the glue is more pliable it should make for an easy removal. Don't be rough with your lashes when removing them as it will diminish the quality of the lash itself. Once the false lashes are fully removed don't forget to use makeup remover, or even coconut oil to remove any access glue still clinging onto your lids or own eyelashes.